Monday, July 23, 2012

No Piggies

Can we say that if you are over the age of 60 you are not allowed to put your hair in pigtails.  In fact, can we say that if you are over the age of 5 you are not allowed to put your hair in pigtails.  Pretty much 60 is not close to 5 so there is really no room for interpretation here. 

If only I had my camera.  I promise that when I upgrade my phone on August 18th I will use said phone to record these things.  (Did I tell you my Nikon digital just died.  Just one day died.  May it rest in peace.  I liked my Cannon digital better anyway.  And my phone and the camera thereon is on its last legs, having nothing to do with the fact that for the past two years I have dropped it at least once daily because the ergonomics of carrying a chai and a cell phone in the same hand while opening a door are not great.)

I will also record my weekend trips.  You know I am not a Rocky Mountain person.

However.

I am madly in love with Steamboat Springs.  It is perfect.  There is a paved bike trail along the Yampa River, a waterfall hike, usually a hot air balloon taking off by the tennis center, and fairly decent Tex-Mex.  And do you know what I totally love about it - it is completely unpretentious.  This coming from me who never minded a little pretention (as in Dallas pretention, not I am cooler than you because I am outfitted for mountain climbing at a moments notice pretention).  Anyway, everybody is welcome and everybody is friendly in Steamboat Springs. (Except apparently for me who cannot abide by blonde old ladies wearing pigtails.  But come on.  That's just icky.  That's icky like the word panties or that scum that Robert Irvine is always finding in the places on Restaurant Impossible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment