Sunday, August 16, 2009

Angry

One of my friends says that when I blog about my job, I sound like an angry only child. This may be because I am an angry only child. Its okay, he can tell me stuff like that. He also points out when I need my roots touched up.

Its hard not to be angry. The mistake I made, the one that my boss told me led to his putting me on the lay-off list, was no more or no less significant than mistakes that get made on a daily basis by humans working in a law firm. It was no more or no less significant than mistakes that I had found in his work when he was rushed and needed me to proof something. My work was, consistently, very good.

So, yes, I am angry. I am angry that, much like a few years ago, I am not in a position to buy my son back-to-school clothes. Mad that I do not have a job to go to that I worked very very hard to find, that I was good at, and that I enjoyed. And some days (especially the days in the dark cube) I start to get upset. And I have noticed that bad days are starting to outnumber good days. I am finding it harder and harder to believe that it is all going to be okay.

Then something kicked in. And I started to work on my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment