Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Confidentail Farmville Report

It was a very busy weekend . . .


A. I would have told you that there wasn't anything to observe about Sixteen Candles that I hadn't already observed. But do you know what? Yesterday morning I caught Sixteen Candles on TBS and I noticed for the first time that the Confidential Survey is misspelled as "Confidentail." I was about to get all proud of myself because, as discussed herein, I once won the Worst Speller Award at the Fourth Grade April Fool's Spelling Bee, only I wasn't aware of the joke until after the Bee. I was gloating when I made the confidentail observation, finally overcoming the stigma of that terrible award. Then I realized that in the twenty-six years since the movie came out I have probably seen it close to forty times, and I just now caught the typo. I am typo catching adverse. See It takes me 26 years to catch a typo.

2. I also saw The Social Network. In the theaters - it's not yet on TBS. Mark Zuckerberg was worried about advertising making Facebook uncool. Uh huh. I can see how it would detract from all those cows that have escaped from Farmville.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Sixteen Candles. Or Pretty In Pink. I don't think I've ever seen the Breakfast Club in its non-censored-for-TBS glory. And yes, I am old enough to have seen them all. My parents were kind of crazy about letting me watch stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie, you are in desperate need of a Brat Pack marathon. Here's to hoping you have a rainy Chicago weekend very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete