Monday, August 8, 2011

People Are Good! Hug The Bunny!

The good fortune continues!


My husband was having a root canal (okay, the good fortune not so much for him), so I had to take a cab to the mechanic to pick up my car.


Well, the cabbie is an out of work Cordon Bleu Paris trained chef. So we talked about his training and his career (under Charlie Trotter in Chicago) and how he came to drive a cab. Then we talked about The Franchise and running restaurants. And do you know what he did with the $75 fare? He said, "Just give me $20. We food people stick together."


I was then convinced I would be spending close to a grand for the clutch repair. Do you know what the mechanic said? No charge. No charge. No charge for even the diagnostic.


Wha? People are good I tell you. This whole experience has been life transforming.


Let's hug a bunny, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Not only are people good, but it's at time you needed it, too. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete