Thursday, January 19, 2012

Early Bird

I'm a morning person. I've always known this. In university I got up at 4:00 a.m. to study for my exams. Pretty much for me if it doesn't happen before 10:00 a.m., it's not happening. I am useless for work, errands or even holding much of any intelligent conversation in the evening.

That being said, my alarm had been set for 6:30 for most of these past years and I found it hard to get up. Once I was up, I was fine. But I always wanted a little bit more snooze.

However.

Because I have been so knocked out by this year's flu, getting things done in the morning has been more important than ever. I am certainly not getting anything done after noon. So I have set my alarm for earlier - 5:30 a.m. And do you know what? That's my set point. I pop right out of bed without wanting to hit snooze, awake and ready to go. I sleep great through the night.
Of course, I am in bed and asleep by 9:00. But after all these years I found my perfect awake time. It is a little disturbing that it is 5:30, yet here we are. Morning people are uncool. Night owls are cool. Night people are edgy and know about any good new t.v. Morning people include Martha Stewart, a 5 o'clocker. Oh well. I am what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment