Friday, September 11, 2009

Job Search Update

Due to a series of events and a network of friends, the extent of which I won't go into here, I had lunch last week with someone who practices in the same area of law as I do. When I think about all the things that had to happen for me to get introduced to this guy, it blows my mind. We're talking missing the right elevator and making the right green light kind of stuff over a series of months. This outlandish series of events allowed me to meet a friend of a friend of a monkey of a relative of a coworker who knew this guy.

I told him that I was trying to meet all the attorneys in town that practice our area of the law. We chatted shop for some time and then and then - get this - he tells me his firm might be hiring another associate in his department. This fall. I tried very hard to not look like in my head I was doing back flips and jumping up and down and already purchasing the fall Kate Spade bag. He takes me back to his office to meet some other people. Later that day I get an email asking for my resume.

And I have not heard from them since. My husband and counselor say to call. My dad, who was the head of hiring and firing for a Fortune 500 company, says not to call. He says that they obviously know who I am now and when and if they are ready to call, they will call.

You know what Tom Petty says. The waiting is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment