Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Job Search Update

The firm got back to me on Saturday and asked me in for an interview! One of the things that I love about the law is that, as evidenced by the timing of such email, the law is not a 9 to 5, Monday to Friday career; rather, the law becomes a part of you and not something that you just do on certain days at certain times. That is also, of course, one of its biggest challenges. I must admit, sometimes I wonder if my son has ever suffered because of it. However, except for the job I have now (because of the low pay and low challenge) I have never spent one minute sitting at work wondering if I made the right choice by being a working mom. I quite simply have never had that moral dilemma with myself. My concern has been more along the lines of, because I am a working mom, how can I mediate any negative impact that has on him, if any. Anyway, discuss among yourselves. The point for now is that I have an interview. A really important interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment