Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Harsh Little City

Our front yard was the scene of a violent crime recently. Earlier this year the house across from us was robbed and the culprits ran in front of our door. Just a few weeks ago, not far from where I jog, a man was pulled from his car at gunpoint.

Yet my husband won't let me have a dog. If you would like to call him to discuss, please email me and I will provide you with his personal cell number. If someone picks up and says "Hello I hate puppies," then you have reached the right guy.

We live in one of the more schwanky areas in town, so it's not like we're all hip living in an urban loft in a warehouse district recently reclaimed from condemnation and next to an empty lot.

However. I don't feel like I can let my son play outside by himself. I don't feel safe running by myself, or walking from our detached garage to our house in the dark. I feel like we need a dog or we need to move. My husband picked move. That man really hates puppies.

3 comments:

  1. Heck, I think I feel safer in my urban loft in the warehouse district (no vacant lot). Most of the crime is punk-on-punk and long after we're asleep. Also, we live in a secured building. But if we lived in one of the row houses here (you know, when we win the lottery), we'd have a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand how people can hate puppies. They're all cute and snurfley and cuddly and squishy and awesome. My parents got their first dog when their town had a serial killer roaming around killing women. He protected mom pretty well I guess, because she never got killed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hasnt suggested you just need a gun?

    ReplyDelete