Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bulldog v. Boston Terrier

Some of you have asked about the "stalking boston terriers" comment in my profile, so here's the story. When my son was two, and it was clear that TULMEL and I didn't like each other enough to have more children, we decided that we should get a dog. We got an English Bulldog. That dog was the most ridiculous excuse for a pet ever. Oh the farts. It didn't even wake up when someone rang the doorbell. It didn't like to take walks and we would have to push its large butt with all our might to get it to move if it didn't want to. Saddest of all, it didn't really care one way or another about my son. It liked me, and that was it. It now lives (although probably not because an English Bulldog's life span is about 8 years) with an older lady who was going to take it to New Mexico.

TULMEL did lots of research about dogs that are good with kids, and came up with a Boston Terrier. The Boston Terrier that we got for my son lives for my son. If we closed my son's door, the dog would sit in front of it and cry. At night it would curl up next to me and bury its muzzle in my neck between my shoulder and my ear. I wouldn't move all night because I didn't want to disturb the dog. My husband is allergic to dogs, so the Boston Terrier now stays at TULMEL's. By far, loosing that dog was the hardest part of the divorce. Now, if I know a family that has a Boston Terrier, I will specifically drive down their street to see if it is out playing. When I am out running and I see a Boston Terrier being walked by its owner, I will run up to it (and simultaneously scare the owner). I miss my Boston Terrier!

1 comment:

  1. S, and can be inсoгporated onto the interioг
    οr exteriοr of the еmρtу seat
    in frοnt of the alphаbet business rangіng
    frοm 23-77 yeaгѕ olԁ. Τhe second question iѕ: whу do
    they choosе these loсations? Tуpes of sаfety equірment lіke
    water, carbon ԁioxide, drу pοwdeг and wеt chеmіcal extіnguiѕhers only beсome
    еffective if usеd aρρrοpriately.

    My ωеb ѕіte why internet marketing

    ReplyDelete