Friday, October 30, 2009

The Grim Reaper

My son, being all 8 and grown up, is determined to be scary this Halloween. Starting about two months ago, he kept emphasizing to me that Halloween is for scary costumes - as if I had spent the first 7 years of his life dressing him up as a pea in a pod or something.

After months of pouring over web sites and catalogues for the scariest possible costume, my son decided to be the grim reaper. The costume came about a month ago. My son thinks that he is terrifying. While at first it was a bit disturbing to have a really short grim reaper walking around the house in slow motion, wielding a scythe and demanding in an ominous low voice that I hand over the Fruit Gushers, now I just feel like I live with the grim reaper's mini-me, especially when he starts to hip-hop dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment