Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Noble Quest

Earlier this summer, J Crew had a white t-shirt with some embroidery on it. Part of the embroidery was in bright yellow, and I happen to have a pair of J Crew bright yellow cords. Buying bright yellow cords seemed like an entirely reasonable thing to do until I got them out of the J Crew store and realized that they look ridiculous with everything. The only thing I could imagine that could possibly redeem the bright yellow cords purchase was the t-shirt with the bright yellow embroidery that was strategically folded in the display by the checkout.

By the time I went back to get the t-shirt, it had sold out. It was also sold out on the web. Then it became a mission. Wherever we went this summer I had the family stop at the nearest J Crew to check for the shirt. No luck in Miami. No luck in Charleston. When I asked the sales people at J Crew Aspen whether they had the shirt, you would have thought I had asked them whether they sold Crocs and/or snow tires.

One day my neighbor was outside with her kids and she had on the J Crew embroidered t-shirt, she of no need for the t-shirt like I have need for the t-shirt.

Today oh glorious today I got an email about the J Crew fall sale and lo and behold what have we here but the embroidered t-shirt. Mine. Done.

My husband summed up the news best: "That is most excellent news indeed. A noble quest comes to successful closure!" I love this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment