Friday, November 6, 2009

What Happens When You Try

So. . . my week of trying (See Post 10/29)

Let me start by saying that, if you give me 10 things to do, I will get all of it done - before noon! But give me just one thing to do for the whole day and I guarantee you that it will not get done. This week, however, I tried to get done the pitiful little that I had to do as soon as I got to work. Well, let me backtrack. Normally, I would get to work, check my gmail, check my yahoo mail, read cnn.com, read msnbc.com, read the first couple of pages in books on Amazon.com using the Look Inside feature, then check my gmail and cnn.com a second time to see if anything had happened in the world while I was reading the first three pages of lots of books. Then, and only then, could not working very hard commence. Now, because I am being the good worker-bee, I do not go back and check gmail and cnn.com for the second time.

For the record, yes I do go around asking for additional things to do.

While my increased productivity went unnoticed, and nobody decided to promote me to an office with a window and oxygen, I do feel more on top of my not very busy job. I feel a day-by-day inspirational quote calendar in my future!

Update: Since I started the blog post above, someone came into my office and gave me a great big project. Could it be? Does the Victoria thing actually work?! Victoria 1, Sloths 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment