Friday, April 13, 2012

The Great Puppy Standoff That Appears to be Lasting Forever

I finally decided to take my doctor's recommendation to begin Tamoxifen to cut my breast cancer risk in half. I've been thinking about it for a year now because you are not suppose to get pregnant while on Tamoxifen. Not that getting pregnant was a real consideration - but sometimes I have this tiny little twinge that I would love to experience having a child that is born not in the same week that my mother died and the same year that the baby's daddy and I decided we should get divorced.

Given that I will be taking away the possibility that I will ever again have child, the LEAST my husband could do is let me have a puppy.

Yet here we are. Puppyless. Because my husband hates puppies.

I am not, by nature, a brow-beater or a nag. Yet here I have nagged and begged and won't let it go. And he won't budge.

1 comment:

  1. Just show up with a puppy and say look what I found!

    ReplyDelete