Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Burning Down the House

The State is on fire.

As much as I prefer a big blue Texas sky or a Carolina beach (or, really, the entire South) to these dry red mountains, it makes me sad that they are on fire.  We have friends who have been evacuated, and places we know and visit and hike have burned. 

I don't think it is helping my headaches, but at least our house isn't in the line of fire, so I can't complain.  I am not going to complain here about the migraine I worked through today.  Nope.  I'm just sayin'. 

Everyone is staying inside to stay out of the smoke. I am watching a new Chopped where all the chefs are from New Orleans.  New Orleans natives are lovely, aren't they?  And while we are on the topic of the Food Network, is everyone else on board with the hipster winning Food Network Star?  Love the hipster. I forget.  What did people watch before Food Network? 

No comments:

Post a Comment