Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jesus and Peanut Butter

I am aware of this person that has two things on his desk. A statue of Jesus and a jar of peanut butter. Now, I am not here to make any sort of statement regarding nuts or religion. Rather, I offer the following points:

1. I worry greatly about people that don't have stuff all over their work desk - papers, books, Starbucks cups, pens, lunch, butterfly clips, keys (somewhere), etc. etc. etc. Do these people really work?

2. If all I had on my desk was a statue of Jesus and a jar of peanut butter, you can bet that at some point Jesus would end up in the peanut butter. Nothing against Jesus, of course. I'm just saying, if there are two things and two things only to attend to on a desk, and one of those things is a jar of peanut butter, the other thing is going to end up in the peanut butter.

3 comments:

  1. But is it good peanut butter? Or just Skippy? (Even though M's favorite is the Skippy reduced fat super chunk, I still like the stuff that lives in the fridge.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh peanut butter Jesus. But then I'd have to get some chocolate to smear all over him too. Because, YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure that you are working with Andres Serrano and he's planning his next exhibit.

    ReplyDelete