Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Marble Track Tree

I'm pretty happy.
I have this new habit of focusing on the the joy in every day - not so much what was yesterday, or what could happen tomorrow, but what is great about today. Like the scene above. My son decided that we shold have a marble track around the tree. Yes please!

This carpe diem thing hasn't even been a terribly hard exercise when I am in my cubicle. For one thing, I love the fact that the Starbucks cups are red at this time of the year. (In addition to the red, I enjoy the fact that I don't have to look at a big picture on my cup of that mermaid thing with the split tail. Why the cleft tail? Is she an evil mermaid? Thinking about it makes me all confused like when I think too hard about why tall buildings don't fall over or how wireless data gets to where it needs to be. Where was I? Oh yeah, happy.) For another, I found a legal headhunter that is actually making calls on my behalf. For a third thing, I found a new commercial real estate broker for The Franchise that so clearly knows what she is doing.

For a fourth thing, the world seems to be spinning around a different axis these days rather than my career/lack thereof. Like, for example, my home and friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be an attorney or I am going to run a franchise because daytime t.v. sucks. I'm just saying, it all spins around my family and friends these days. And they make me incredibly happy.


3 comments:

  1. The marble track is cool and all, but in your quest for more joy in your life, you seem to have completely overlooked the velociraptor in front of the fireplace!

    I'm glad things are looking up for you. I keep meaning to comment, but I'm so buried under programming and math that I just haven't been responding to many blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marble track is amazing. My new eventual goal in life is a marble track tree. SO COOL.

    Glad everything else is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focus on the joy. There is lots of it. Champagne indeed, my friend.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete