Thursday, July 28, 2011

Poise (the princess kind, not the undergarment kind)

It is time now that we take a break from Amy Winehouse news and turn once again to She Who Ended Up With The One Who Actually Turned Out To Be The Less Handsome Prince And Who Does Not Care To Use The Blendy End Of Her Eyeliner of Cambridge. I will say this - the lady has poise. I read somewhere - it would have been either People or Us - that she had months of voice training prior to The Big Day, and that this is credited for her tremendous poise.

She does have this calm, easy confidence. I, on the other hand, tend to emote and get pitchy. So I decided to enroll in voice lessons. Which sounds all so very high maintenance of me, and I actually am not very high maintenance. I have been to voice training twice now and I cannot tell you how much I love it, and how much of a difference it has made already; that is, I feel like I sound much more intelligent! It's way cool. Also, I blend my eyeliner.

2 comments:

  1. I just can't explain how happy I am that someone else is as bothered by her eye makeup as I am. She just needs to not line the bottom of her eyes most of the time anyway. Although I could also use voice training. I always sound like I have a cold and speak too softly, or, once I find my voice, far too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really interesting. I read the same thing about whats-her-face. Voice training might not be a bad idea for probably everyone. And blending lessons.

    ReplyDelete