Thursday, August 5, 2010

How I Got Kicked Off The Kid Bday Party Circuit

My BFF asked me if I was going to our other friend's daughter's birthday party. We both paused for a moment as we came to the realization that I had not been invited.

AG: "Do you suppose it was because I gave her four year old son a gun for his birthday?"
BFF: "It might be. I thought it was a great idea. Until he shot me square between the eyes. That kid is a good shot." (I witnessed the whole thing. That kid is an excellent shot.)

Let's pause here to interject that BFF was the one who encouraged me to go ahead and give the kid a gun because, after all, he was born in Texas. Anyway, it was a really good idea.

a) It shoots non-ouchy foam disks. It's not like I got him the one that shoots potatoes; and
b) After he opened my present, he literally did not touch another gift for the entire party. He thought it was the best present ever.

Plus, I haven't been invited to another kid's birthday party since. We all win.

3 comments:

  1. I am filing this away for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! And yes, you all win! My girls would love that kind of gun!

    Julieanne
    http://www.JoyInOurJourney.com

    ReplyDelete