Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Post Sort Of About Shoes

Part of me wanted to not like my interview. Then the answer would be so easy - I sign the franchise agreement.

But that's not how things went. I enjoyed every last person that I interviewed with. There wasn't a single red flag. My qualifications were a very good match for what they were looking for. The billable hours are 400 less than the last law firm where I worked. The moms often work from home. They commented about my shoes.

I bombed one question but nicely navigated the remainder. I went into the interview not really caring how things would go. I left the interview sincerely wanting a call back

That evening, I met my two best girlfriends for a bottle of wine at the Nordstrom Cafe. We toasted to the possibility of having options.

I walked past at least 3 pairs of shoes that I could have bought on the way out. But I don't know if I need law firm shoes or franchise shoes.

It was a really, really excellent day to be me.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So are you going to do BOTH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 400 fewer billable hours is huge! Think of all the shoe shopping that could be accomplished in that time!

    Cheers to having choices, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went well! And glad you wore shoes worth talking about :)

    ReplyDelete