Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Treat - The Family Fluff (Summer Berry Pie)

Growing up we did not have the family fluff - you know, the family traditional dish made with Cool Whip and Jell-O powder. And oh how I love the fluff. My mom would have done anything for me - except mix Cool Whip and Jell-O powder in her kitchen.

When I wouldn't let up on the need for a family fluff, she conceded to at least try some sort of Jell-O based dessert. She tried Summer Berry Pie and everybody loved it. It's that dish you take to the party and everybody wants the recipe. So I have carried on the tradition and will be taking it to Catherine's party tomorrow.

* Note: We do not garnish with Cool Whip.

Here's this link to the recipe http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/summer-berry-pie-52121.aspx, and the picture from Kraft.

4 comments:

  1. that looks incredible

    D E G A I N E

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of mixing jello with cool whip...hm. I feel like I missed out on something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the pie you brought to our house? Super delish. And I still dream about that avocado pie. mmmmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great... gotta love the fluff! :-)

    ReplyDelete