Monday, May 10, 2010

Book Club

Real phone call from this Saturday:

BF "I am so hungover."
Me "Where did you go last night?"
BF "Book Club."

Now, that right there is delightful in and of itself. But it gets better. I asked what book they were discussing and apparently no book was discussed. Rather, their book club discussed the legalization of marijuana and - get this - my father's ancient and deeply rooted plantar wart. My father's feet are legend at book clubs I have never even attended (but clearly need to start).

My father lives several states away. Life is so bizarre sometimes.

[Well, my father once had this big wart and one time at BFs we were talking about home remedies, including home remedies for wart removal, and I mentioned that warts grow roots and that my dad had one with roots the length of his foot. I do not know whether this root part is true, or whether he told me that to convince me that I had to go to the doctor to get one removed when I was 12 and spent the summers at the club pool.]

2 comments:

  1. just so you know, i'm going to have nightmares about wart roots for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. This is as bad as "mucous plug".

    ReplyDelete