Thursday, May 27, 2010

Que Sera Sera

What's happening to me? Are you there God? It's me, Associate Girl.

I am a planner. P.L.A.N.N.E.R. It is not okay to wing anything people - the world could spin off its axis, you will lose your court case, and general mayhem, death and destruction will ensue. I have always had a month, year, five year and twenty year plan (thereby keeping the world spinning in the appropriate direction (you're welcome)). I draw up my grocery list by aisle. I google the restaurant before I get there to pick what I am going to have.

So I amazed myself when I went into my conversation with my supervisor about my unpaid leave feeling completely okay with whatever the outcome was going to be. If they asked me to leave? Well, that would be just great. If they found a way to make it work so I could stay, well then I get a few more paychecks before I dive into The Franchise construction before it's open and I can get money out of it.

Also, I spent the last two days without t.v. I just listened to music - okay, technically, I was listening to the cable t.v. music channels in the 900's, but it was music. And it was good. Huh? I have had the t.v. on 24/7 since I was born (save my 1L year of law school in which I watched no t.v.). I got so much done. And I swear my son was more calm. It was, simply, lovely. I love the Airborne Toxic Event. Who knew?

[Perhaps in a few days I'll be telling you that somebody has decided that I should be on lithium.]

Oh, and they said I could take my vacation and stay at my job provided that I did some telecommuting on my vacation. Uh huh. Okay. Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh yer as bad as me! There isnt a single spontaneous cell in my entire body!
    Every spur of the moment event is a flop! My husband on the other hand lives his life by the seat of his pants. On paper we would be divorced by now but somehow we manage to have a great marriage lol!

    Where are you going on vaycay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Provided you telecommute? Who do they think they are? The boss of you? Please.

    I need to figure out how to turn the tv off. I try and try, but husband always has it on. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete