Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peace Out

Yesterday was just one of those days - one of those days where I wanted to hide under my desk because the powers that be had gone mad and I was afraid that someone was going to start flinging poo. I was seriously even beginning to doubt whether our concert at Red Rocks could level me out. Herein, some observations:

(1) You must put a concert at Red Rocks on your list of places to go and things to do. For those of you who may not know, Red Rocks is an open air concert venue made out of the natural red rock formations in the foothills of Colorado. Supposedly, the rock formation offers excellent acoustics; this, in my opinion, is debatable. It is, however, without a doubt, the most beautiful place you will ever see a concert.

(2) If you see the Sultans of September concert, featuring Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, and Donald Fagen, you will not be the oldest person at the concert.

(3) Donald Fagen provides fodder to my theory that all people named Donald are intelligent and nuts.

(4) Red Rocks serves margaritas.

(5) To answer your question, he did "Love, look what you've done to me" from the Urban Cowboy soundtrack. Remember the scene where John Travolta has just cheated on his wife and he is standing in the living room of the other chick's highrise apartment with the giant picture windows and it is dawn and he is staring out at the early morning lights over the skyline of Houston? That rips me up every time. Urban Cowboy - terrible movie. I don't know why I own it and watch it. Actually, yes I do. Texas. There is no Red Rocks in Texas, I will give you that. In Texas, at open air venues, there is always a side event that involves betting on what time the temperature will dip below 100.

(6) In my next life I am coming back as Carey Mulligan, only I am not going to act; rather I am going to be one of Michael McDonald's backup singers. And one of Daniel Craig's Bond women.

Picture of Red Rocks from commons.wikimedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment