Monday, February 21, 2011

And here it is . . .

Man Soup. Things got quite delightfully busy over the weekend - but here it is now.

Crock Pot Split Pea Soup, adapted from Food Network TV.
1 lb split peas, rinsed and picked over
2 stalks of celery, chopped up
2 carrots, chopped up
1 leek, green parts only, sliced
7-8 cups of water
1 smoked turkey leg.

My variation:
I added
4t Better than Bouillon, vegetable (Found at the Whole Foods. Worth every penny.)
And I used dried Italian seasoning instead of tying up some fresh herbs as the original recipe suggested. I cannot tell you what they were as foodnetworktv.com has been having trouble with their links recently.

Put it all in the crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hours. I served it with Pamela's gluten free cornbread muffins made using buttermilk and everybody was full and happy.

1 comment:

  1. My husband loves smoked turkey legs so this is probably something he'd really like!

    ReplyDelete