Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Many Middle Fingers Do You See in This Post?

The plan was to leave the exit interview gratefully and graciously. I would wait to yell "Adios Motherfckers" until I got in my car.

Alas.

There I was in front of HR and, later, my supervisor. Let's just say, I decided to be "helpful." With calmness and complete honesty I laid it all out for them. All I should say here is that the HR rep's jaw dropped open and didn't close during my entire diatribe and my supervisor broke down in tears.

But guess who got the last word? There was a huge system-wide computer snafu yesterday and I have to go back in today and relocate/redo a whole bunch of work. Accordingly, I feel like the image on the right and my extra day is a little going away gift from HR and my supervisor!
Karma is a bitch.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I've only had one exit interview and I had a lot I meant to say, but as I started thinking about it I got all upset again and the woman I was meeting with was so nice and not at all the problem and probably honestly never had a clue about it all that I just cried a little and never said anything. I really wish I'd been able to speak up.

    In the grand scheme of things, 1 day isn't all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you said something. And I really do wish you would have said "Adios Motherfuckers!" That would have made going back in today that much funnier. To me, though. Not you, obviously.
    Happy last day! Sort of fitting that it's National Margarita Day. You should definitely have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll add another "Good for you" to the mix. You suffered in silence for way too long to go without protest!

    But. Having to go back an extra day? That's too much.

    ReplyDelete