Thursday, April 21, 2011

How Lucky Lucky Can Be

In all honesty, I don't expect or want A THING for mother's day. Because do you know how lucky I am?

I had a mother who epitomized grace and who was my best friend. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally. I have a son who is healthy, smart and empathetic. I leave my job every day shaking my head that someone pays me to do what I love.

I do not take any of it for granted. Every day I am thankful. Every day I acknowledge how lucky I am. Despite the fact that my husband hates puppies and I can't have a dog, and that 10 year old children spoiled by one's ex-husband can be challenging, I still know how lucky I am.

Also, today, I took myself for pho and then went to the Safeway and got hot pink Peeps and Diet Dr. Pepper and I can think of two books I can't wait to download onto the Nook. Mmmmmm. Gluttony!

3 comments:

  1. So I'm curious - do you like your Nook? I'm torn between asking for a Nook or Kindle for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! I told hubby I dont want anything except to wake up on the Monday morning NOT having to clean up from mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this isn't too difficult or painful, would you mind talking about your relationship with your mother sometime? I'd love to know what - from a daughter's perspective - makes for a great mom, because, well, all I know is what a crazy mom is like. And I want my daughter to say the things about me that you say about your mom.

    ReplyDelete