Monday, February 8, 2010

Thank God for No Crystal Balls

As we all know, coffee plays a central role in my life. When I was at the Nordstrom in Las Vegas, I discovered Almond Roca Lattes at the Nordstrom E-Cafe. Oh so wrong, but oh so good.

I am also one of the most resourceful people on the planet. At the law firm, I was known for being the person that could track down that one case or that one little nugget of information that nobody else could find and that could change the case. This skill also comes in handy for finding Almond Roca latte syrup for home use.

I got a phone call from the World Pantry that my syrup was destroyed beyond deliverability by UPS and that my order would come later this week. Accordingly, unless I want to spend 4+ bucks on a latte, I am left to my own devices and Coffee Mate. I stood there at the grocery store for way too long contemplating what might possibly stand in for a few days for my Almond Roca Torani syrup. Now, I've never actually tasted ass, but Tiramisu flavored Coffee Mate tastes like ass.

In other news, word on the street is that my former law firm is doing a second round of lay-offs and that, given the comp structure, partners are currently making less than the few remaining associates. Imploding? Perhaps. And if it is in the stars that the entire firm is going to go down eventually, then I guess I am glad that I got off the sinking ship when I did. It's been a tough year. Sometimes I am grateful that there is no crystal ball.

3 comments:

  1. Almond roca lattes?? Gotta try them! Have you looked at DaVinci Gourmet syrups? Don't know if they have them, but I'm about to check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet their "Amond Mocha" is the same thing. Next go around I am going to give that a try. I LOVE the blogging community. Thanks Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *agreed* re Tiramisu Coffeemate...blech...Would rather mix in a spoon full of swiss miss that do that to myself :-)

    ReplyDelete