Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad Day

It's just been a bad day. I'm not soliciting for comments or e-mails. I'm simply stating, I just don't have it in me to make light of anything today.

1. The dental work is going to cost $900.
2. It's so friggin cold in my cube that I haven't taken my coat off all day.
3. I found out that my employer considers me to be an administrative assistant. [More on that in another post.]
4. Somebody told me a family secret and it was hurtful. [That's as far as I can go on that one.]
5. I got a rejection letter today from a law firm that I was fairly certain would at least contact me for the next step.
6. Only two people have signed up for the next legal seminar that my business is presenting. This doesn't cover the costs.
7. The company had a team building exercise today and I had to role play. At the break I beat my head against a bathroom stall.
8. I caught myself standing in line at Starbucks singing OUT LOUD Eddie Mercury's "I'm going slightly mad."
9. When I walked up the steps to the office I started to cry (and its nowhere near time to blame that on PMS).
10. I dropped my running shoe in wet mud.
11. I forgot to pay the water bill (for several months) and they shut off the water. [In my defense, they did stop sending me bills. However, they explained to me today that even though they stopped sending me bills, I used the water and I should have known to ask for a bill. Given that I am actually a lawyer, despite my current job title, I knew that they had a valid point.]
12. At the gym, the guy working out in the row of elliptical machines in front of my row of elliptical machines had really bad gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment