Monday, December 28, 2009

Job Search 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen:

My top 5 job search moments of 2009

(1) Showing up for an interview and nobody knowing why I was there. [Although the front desk lady was able to find two partners who showed me the new office furniture.]

(2) Interviewing with a lady for an hour and a half and never receiving any notification that I didn't get the job, other than never hearing from her again. [I am going to go all Emily Post here. You do not have to acknowledge every candidate that applies for a position, but you do you have to send a response to people you call into your office for an interview.]

(3) Being told in a job interview that I really didn't want the job. Many times. [I probably didn't get the job because I agreed that, indeed, I probably didn't want the job.]

(4) Getting a rejection e-mail from a Catholic charity on Christmas Eve. [This would have been even more tragic if I was actually a Catholic, but is kind of wrong even still.]

(5) Getting a rejection e-mail in my gmail account before I even finished the on-line application process. [This is because, in response to the question of whether I had 8 years of experience, I put no. I have just over 7 years of experience, but I am not about to start lying to a potential employer. Perhaps you round up?]

No comments:

Post a Comment