Thursday, December 17, 2009

He Didn't Even Use the Pliers

$900 and two hours later . . . I have to admit, this dentist is fantastic. Not once did this guy sit on me, in the straddle position, while pulling out a crown with a pair of pliers. That actually happened to me once. My new dentist tells me that it is inappropriate for a dentist to sit on his patients. Who knew?

9 months and much bitterness later . . . There is, for the first time since I got laid off, a job posted in my area of the law and in my city. The partner-boss that laid me off made a big deal of telling me that he felt like he had a duty to help me find another job. When I've tried to contact him, however, he has never once gotten back in touch with me. He would most certainly know somebody at this place.

[As an aside, other partners there have fallen all over themselves to help.]

Unless I can think of somebody else that might know somebody at this place, I am relegated to the on-line submission process. If you have ever done this then you know that (1) you are lucky if your responses to the questions don't automatically generate an e-mail notification that you are not qualified, and (2) even if you don't get that immediate response, it's like sending your resume into a black hole. So, last night, instead of watching the re-run of the Real Housewives that I missed when I was in Scottsdale, I applied for this job. That's how serious I am about this possibility.

[As an aside, I scored an interview with the lady at the other firm that my husband went out with. Not awkward.]

No comments:

Post a Comment