Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pity Party

Pity Party

or

Enjoy Watching the Laid-Off Lawyer Be Sad

(Depending on how you feel about lawyers)

My supervisor told me that last night she went to the theater and that she is a season ticket holder. She went on an on about how nice it is to go to the theater and how she deserves to treat herself with that from time to time. And While I don't doubt that that is true, our season tickets to the theater were one of the things we had to cancel when I lost my job, and can't afford while I am at this job. So I handed her some salt and said, here, shake it in this wound. And then I went outside to scrape the ice off of my car because I also no longer have heated, covered parking.

I'm not saying that I'm not extremely grateful to have my health and my family. I'm just saying, I'm a healthy person with a family and no theater tickets or heated, covered parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment