Thursday, March 4, 2010

Birthday Wish

My fantastic son, who asks for so very little considering that he is a kid, wants only one thing for his birthday - a cake made by this man:

Keegan Gerhart, host of Food Network Challenge, my son's favorite show. And because my favorite eight year old is about to turn into my favorite nine year old, it would make me very happy to be able to do this for him.

I called Keegan's shop and talked to Keegan's people, who are all very friendly. I imagine it would be very hard not to be feeling friendly surrounded by cake and all the other yummy things Keegan does. Anyway, tomorrow they will all meet to discuss some plans for the cake and to come up with a quote. Hmmmm. The last time I got a quote for something it was for the restoration/remodel of our mid-century modern rental home. I was less nervous about getting that quote.

I suspect however, that it will be well worth it. The first thing that my son asked me this morning upon waking was whether I has spoken to Keegan. He then told me that his heart was just pounding in anticipation of his cake. He is his mother's son. My heart has often pounded in anticipation of cake.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Happy Birthday to your son!!!

    I love that you would go to such lengths to make him happy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Where in Canada are you?

    I loves your TOPH comment lol! Me toooo!!!! In fact I still do from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SP, I am not in Canada now. But I am Canadian!

    ReplyDelete