Monday, March 15, 2010

This and That

1. Thailand. My step-daughter has one more year until she is out of high-school and my son has one more year before middle school, so it seemed best to avoid pushing a move there this year.

2. The house. When I first got laid-off, we thought we could afford the house for another year, and that year is upon us. I guess we have sort of readjusted to make it work. We don't save like we used to. I still have moments where I want out of the burden and think that we should be being smarter about saving, and others where I feel like I don't want to tell my son that he is moving again (unless it was to Thailand because that is a whole different dumpling).

3. The job search. I am getting just plain tired of rejection letters. I know you can't take them personally, but not even the US magazine in the box can negate the fact that they are still a bummer to encounter time after time. Somebody may know somebody that has a partner that is looking for someone. It's hard to get excited about the opportunities anymore because they all seem so ephemeral, but you can't give up either. I just have to keep remembering that at my last job I was hired almost on the spot because I am one of the few people that knows (was willing to learn) this one particular area of the law. Somebody is going to want that skill again.

4. The franchise. We are at the stage now where we are inquiring about selling our mid-century modern rental property and looking at commercial real estate. I have an appointment tomorrow to go over my questions about the 186 page franchise disclosure document and agreement.

1 comment:

  1. I'm dreading starting up my job search again. There is only so much mocking of awful rejection letters that a girl can do. The worst is when you hit the point where you're seriously contemplating using them all as wallpaper, because lord knows you have enough.

    I think Thailand sounds fun. But for now, waiting is right.

    ReplyDelete