Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pale is the New Tan

I've had a hard time liking Anna Kendrick, but mostly because I didn't like her character in Up in the Air. Her character in Up in the Air reminds me of many of the girls I knew in law school and as a new associate (See triacetate Ann Taylor suits and wound like a spring) before we realized we were all in it together.

But I must say, I am growing to love her. I love the lack of the spray tan on Oscar night. I no longer consider myself to be "fishy-belly white." Rather, I now consider myself to be Oscar night ready. Thank you Anna Kendrick. Accord, my new hero:

In other Oscar related news, I disagree completely with the girls over at Go Fug Yourself. I thought SJP looked amazing in her yellow Chanel number. (Although she does win the award for the worst spray tan of the night.) I thought the dress was a perfect modern take on 50's glamour.

Also, you should know, my husband and I are as cool as Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard. You would totally think that if you ever met us.

No comments:

Post a Comment