Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Dine Alone

There are certain things one just doesn't do when one's husband is out of town. According to my husband. For example, he would be thoroughly offended if I watched an episode of Weeds or hit the dbar without him.

But here's the thing. After having the flu FOR EIGHT DAMN DAYS, I do not want to see any single item of food that I ate during that time. The thought just makes me gag. That includes chais and Lara bars and blueberry salads and nuts. I used to be so healthy. Now I can't think of anything I want to eat - except for the Not Quite a Cob salad and a souffle from the dbar.

Also, I know that all of my besties are busy tomorrow night with a Junior League thingy. I think I am taking myself to the dbar. On a Friday night. By myself. Party for One. It would be nice if my husband could be there, don't get me wrong, but I gotta tell you - I am very much looking forward to my party for one! And some food.

2 comments:

  1. I love eating alone, but that is new, post-kid. If I'm eating alone now, it's because I've escaped, I'm free! :)

    Hope you have a lovely Friday. And really, Junior League?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you got the crud. It took weeks before either myself or my husband felt good. I think it should be a law that one can eat comfort food for weeks after one is sick. It's the best way to feel better!

    ReplyDelete