Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On The Second Day

I got a fever so high that I was hallucinating. Chickens. I was hallucinating about whole chickens. Fryers, that is. Not whole live chickens. Whole baking chickens.

I was in a meeting and it hit me. I could feel the pains travel from my neck to my toes and I got really, really hot and then came chickens. Then I started singing, to myself of course (at least I hope it was to myself), Bring on the Dancing Chickens instead of Bring on the Dancing Horses and this took my mind off of things for a while.

Do you call in sick on your third day of work. Yes, you probably do. Except they have brought in someone from the office in Chicago to work with me today, and she is flying back tonight. So instead we are about to see just how much flu medicine one can take and still remain upright.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you make it through the day and feel better soon!

    Also, it's going around. I went to bed feeling normal and woke up sick as a dog. What gives?

    PS: Bring on the dancing chickens is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are so sick for the start of your new job. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete