Thursday, January 28, 2010

Everybody's talkin bout POP music

My son went straight from The Wiggles to Social Distortion. We missed the whole Radio Disney phase. Nevertheless, I do know who Miley Cirus is. She's the one who has the pimp/father and likes to mountain climb. I know who Taylor Swift is. Do you remember where you were when Kayne West slammed Taylor? I do. I was on cnn.com looking for news about health care reform but all I could find was news about "the incident." And I've heard of the Jonas brothers. They are the ones with the virgin rings.

I saw a Jonas brother video for the first time this morning on Vh1. Its no surprise he could keep his promise to be a virgin. Maybe it's because I'm old, but I just don't get the Jonas thing. The lead signer of Train - we could share a bagel. Brandon Flowers - love his manically philosophical lyrics. Are we human? Or, ARE WE dancers? Whoa. Think. On. That. (But not too long or it just starts to hurt your head.) But even if I was 12, I still don't think I would lust after a Jonas brother.

Another one I don't get is Michael Buble. You just haven't found me yet because I haven't been looking for you. Apparently you did find an Argentinian supermodel so now that the search is over (Survivor reference), get off my t.v.

And here is where I have to give snaps to the ex-husband. If the musical education of our son was left up to me, well let's just say my son would have the most uncool iPod musical library of anyone on the planet. And lets give double snaps to the new husband who lets me play The Essential Journey on each and every road trip and who puts Eye of the Tiger in my car CD player before interviews. The search really is over, baby, you were with me all the time.

3 comments:

  1. "Are we human or are we DANCER"

    It's frustratingly ungrammatical. Good song, though.

    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/25020239/the_killers_inside/print

    Any kid smart enough to be a Social D fan deserves to have all the accurate information I can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Law Shucks,

    Thank you for the great link. Everyone go read. And thank you for helping me keep it real. I need all the help I can get on the musical education front with my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York, London, Paris, Munich
    Everybody talk about pop muzik!

    That was one of the first records I ever owned! I was 9, and it was a true, blue vinyl record.

    ReplyDelete