Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Three Musings

1. I will give up my entire Kate Spade collection if you could promise me that I will always fell as good as I did after I took Nasonex for the first time this morning. Nasonex, you complete me.

2. To the guy who has the Chevy Impala in the parking lot: It's not worthy of parking across two spaces. (See It's a Chevy Impala.)

3. From time to time, my mom would show up at my door for no reason other than to bring me a Starbucks caramel macchiato. When she passed away, I mostly stopped drinking them. Now I only have them on very rare occasions so I can keep the whole experience available; the taste and smell of them make me feel like she is right there with me. I had one yesterday (See Monday's post. And it helped. Moms are the best. Even from heaven.) There are only two other times I have ordered one: (i) When I didn't get the job at the small law firm last fall even though all signs were really really good, and (ii) when my ex-husband and I were going through our divorce and, in the same phone call that he asked me for money, he told me that he was taking his girlfriend to Cabo.

3 comments:

  1. The Starbucks part really resonated with me. I am glad you have happy memories of your mom, she sounds like a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me share her here. She was indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 moms.

    Your ex sounds like a total dolt!

    ReplyDelete