Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Navy Stockings - Always Appropriate!

(1) I interviewed at the firm with the lady who my husband dated. And may I just say, my husband has excellent taste in women! They sent me an email that said they would be making a decision this month.

(2) Regarding the job that was posted in this city, in my area of the law - Already got the rejection from that one even though two heavy hitters in the law world called on my behalf.

(3) The new year was like a break in a fever - there were two other jobs posted in this city in my area of the law, both great in-house counsel positions. I have already been to step 1, the screening process, for one of the jobs.

As we all know, the screening process is mostly to make sure that the candidate doesn't drool and can make eye contact and can dress themselves appropriately. Since I didn't fall asleep during my screening interview, I can assure you that there was no drooling, and I didn't roll my eyes or look away when anybody talked to me. HOWEVER, dress appropriate fail. I am sure that I looked super snazzy for the interview in my black coat dress with navy stockings (oops). Why do I even own navy stockings?

Regarding the other, I have already hit up the person I know there, but have heard nothing further yet. That one is a national job search process (read: will take a very long time and put me up against 1000s of additional applicants.)

No comments:

Post a Comment