Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food Addict - I Need a New Drug

I would be the worst (the best?) drug addict.

I never just half-way like something. When I like something it is all I want for as far as I can see into the future. Take rice noodles, for example. I figured out an excellent method for cooking rice noodles and a yummy sauce. I thought to myself that I could never imagine eating anything else EVER. Indeed, for months on end, whenever I could, I made and ate rice noodles. Then one night I made them (the exact same way that I had for months) and the thought of putting one more bit of rice noodles in my mouth made me gag. Ewww. There is no food more gross than rice noodles.

Most times, however, there is a replacement food. I've gone on kicks of salmon sashimi, spinach smoothies, Corn Chex, Swedish Fish, Black Eyed Peas with Jalapenos, scrambled eggs. But now I am in a great void of food excitement.

3 comments:

  1. I do this too. For awhile, I was on a chipotle kick. Thank GOD that one passed. Now, it's marinated chicken breasts. Boring, but to me? Freaking delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Eyed Peas with Jalapenos? Hmm. Swedish Fish diet, however, is one I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete