Monday, June 21, 2010

Mr. Wolf

My son is 9, so you would think that our wellbeing would not revolve around the whereabouts of one stuffed toy wolf - BUT IT DOES.

Accordingly, when we were getting of the plane for our stop-over to Seattle, I made good and sure that Mr. Wolf was in the backpack.

One of the morals of this story is that one should not wear snakeskin wedges to Spokane. It tends to rain there, coupled with the fact that they do not have those expandable and retractable walkways to greet the plane. You have to walk from the plane to the terminal in the rain, which is not good for snakeskin wedges.

Ten minutes in the terminal and my son looked at me in panic. I knew. Mr. Wolf was gone. You can stand in the Spokane airport and spin around and see the whole thing, so we knew that Mr. Wolf wasn't in the airport. And the stewardess said it wasn't in the plane.

Oh. The. Horror.

I think that our airlines is the same one that just lost the two children; that is, had two kids travelling alone and sent each one to the place the other was scheduled to go to. This was nothing like that. In that situation, the whereabouts of the children was always known. In our situation, we had no idea where Mr.Wolf was.

My son balls-out wailed all the way to Seattle.

When we arrived in Seattle we got a text message that Mr. Wolf had been found. And all was right with the world again. Mr Wolf is waiting for us at the airport at home. Now that is some airlines customer service.

4 comments:

  1. Where was he left? On the plane? That's awesome that the airline is making sure you get him back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for finding Mr. Wolf! I lost my Grey Kitty on a trip to Boston one year and still cannot talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Mr. Wolf is found. Whew.
    Now what's this business about them losing children?? WTF? I ask as we are about to put H on a plane alone (albeit for the 2nd time) to Charlotte for a week with Gram and Bomp.
    We'll have to get H&M together again soon. Because if they're going to get married and be super brainy power couple, they should probably hang out beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't think the children were ever lost, just sent to the wrong place. I hope that H is okay with there also being a stuffed wolf in the marriage. I am thinking its headed off to university with him

    ReplyDelete