Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Hour

One of my favorite hours of the day is between 6a.m and 7a.m. when I sit at my blogging spot and write my blog and read my favorite blogs and drink my coffee. Right now I am loving a few select design blogs - they start my day off with pretty. My blog spot is in our dining room/everything room where the big window faces the parkway. As dawn turns to day, I watch my fellow early birds gather at the bus stop in our yard, the joggers run through the park, and the commuters head to work.

The dining room table is a giant teak slab that gets marked up and looks better as it ages. At the two ends are the off-white parsons chairs that my mom got me for my first grown up apartment, and on the side opposite the teak bench are two red Globus chairs from dwr.com (Globus chair to the left, in ash finish). The walls are a cozy gray. (Seriously, trust me on this. At one point I had every gray paint sample available taped to the wall so I could find a gray that was warm.) And on the wall opposite the windows is my Rauschenburg, my one real piece of art.

It's a very happy hour and a very happy place. How about you? Do you have a time or a place that makes your day?

1 comment:

  1. Every morning I get up before everyone else and come downstairs to chill. I make an Ovaltine, take my vitamins, fill my water bottles and sit down to blog, comment, check emails etc. At 8:30am I let everyone else get up lol!

    ReplyDelete