Friday, April 9, 2010

Super Daisies

Two interesting positions opened up recently and my resume reads consistently with the listed skills and experience requirements for both. Just today, I got a rejection from the one. Meaning, unless some additional opportunity pops up really fast, there is only one legal opportunity left before the franchise option is the reality.

You would think that after a full year of rejection letters and emails that they would roll off my back by now. But lets face it - its still a drag to be having a perfectly fine day and then have a rejection email pop up right after the kate spade email announcing the new arrivals. And, truthfully, it knocks me a bit off course for the day when I get a rejection for a position that I thought I would really like or that I had the exact experience they were looking for. At one time, I had really respectable people telling me that I was a great attorney. I had clients that appreciated what I did for them. Now I can't find anyone willing to let me practice law.

Hold up your index finger and say in your best E.T. voice . . . "Ouuuuch."

This morning I was in such a happy place that I stopped by the Whole Foods and got yellow gerbera daisies for my orange vase and put them in my cube. Thank goodness for that - right now they feel like all that is standing between me and a funk. They are, one might say, my major funk force repellent. Little did these flowers know that today they would have to serve as Super Daisies.

3 comments:

  1. Oh pooh! At least you know you wont get any tomorrow or Sunday right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerber daisies are the cheeriest flowers I know, so I am very glad that you have them before you.

    Stupid letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gerbera daisies. At a wedding shower last year, I won a potted hot pink gerbera plant, and managed to actually get it to flower once, but otherwise it mostly just looked like a giant potted weed. My husband made me throw it away. Cut ones are way better. They really are the cheeriest flower, too.

    And agreed. Stupid letter. ::kicks dirt while muttering about stupid letter::

    ReplyDelete