Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekend Treat - Knives and Forks!

Weekend Treat is going to take a bit of a different turn. Instead of just posting pictures of things I want, I am going to post pictures of things I have and that I love. Why would I do that? Because I am a narcissist? Well, I taught my son 240 sign language symbols before he was one, got the highest grade in my business law class, personally started the Guess jeans fad in the early 80s, and can run 5 miles without breaking a sweat, but no. I'm not a narcissist.

Rather, I suspect a large majority of you read blogs for the same reason I do. I'm just plain interested in how other people live their lives and their stories and the things that make them happy. It's like when your husband is driving you to dinner and it's dark so you finally get a chance to look in all the windows of the neighbors who have left their curtains open. I love seeing what color people paint their dining room. This is infinitely fascinating to me. And it is infinitely fascinating to me what people hang on their walls and the lack of things they have to hang on their walls.

But I digress. I simply love it when people share things from their own lives that make them happy. It's interesting and, from time to time, I get an idea or two that I make my own. So, for those of you that feel the same way . . . I own this flatware and it makes me very happy. I own the tortoiseshell ones and have forever and they have held up in the dishwasher for years and years. If I didn't already have the tortoiseshell ones, I would get the orange ones. It would be impossible to stir your coffee with an orange spoon and not be happy. Sometimes I want the pink ones because I am surrounded by boyz (see yesterday's post). I have a gray dining room and an off-white living room specifically so I can add different bright colors as the mood hits.

Napoleon flatware. Horchow.com (Horchow is a division of the morthership [Niemans]).

2 comments:

  1. I love my 'good' cutlery too :O) I should post about it too some day :O)

    240 signs? WOW! I thought I was doing well with finally getting my son to sign about 10 things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty. I love them. I love seeing peoples' crap too. Why is it people don't hang anything on their walls? There's so much cool pretty stuff. Their loss, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete