Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Real Housewives Recap, Episode 5

Bethenny (mug pictured here) says that the last thing she wants is her mug on a blogger site.

She also says that diarrhea of the mouth is not a real ailment. Which is false. It's called turrets syndrome. I don't have the turrets, but I have a related and very real ailment - fear of turrets. Sometimes I am sitting in business meetings and I have to concentrate very very hard to not say the inappropriate but true things that I am thinking.

At one point I was sort of a fan of Kelly's cluelessness because it kept her above all the pettiness, but she is just a Paris Hilton minus the one always semi-shut eye. Meaning, she knows how to use her cluelessness. She asks a reporter who has seen her Playboy pictorial, "What did I look like, I can't remember?" Oh please. She then tells the camera that she wants to make sure that Bethenny knows how much she doesn't care about her, which totally negates any validity that she doesn't care.

Ramona goes out to lunch and talks about her hair. We could make this a drinking game but we would all need AA by the end of the season.
I love Simon (married to Alex, on the left.) He can say "Hello, darling" to the gay fashion director for Brooklyn fashion week and totally get away with it. Simon and Alex are the only two people who are happy to be involved in Brooklyn fashion week. I think I would like it better in Brooklyn than NYC.

The Jill and Bethenny fight just makes me sad. I've lost a best friend to a stupid fight before and it does hurt, just like breaking up with someone. But here, I am on Bethenny's side. I don't like how Jill puts everyone on speaker without telling them who is listening and plays private messages for all to hear. Pretty crappy Jill.

Pictures from bravotv.com

4 comments:

  1. PLEASE tell me you watch Real Housewives of NJ, too?
    I have never been so inspired to turn over a table in a restaurant in my life. I mean, so long as I look hot doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I do. I feel like I haven't really been to a dinner party yet because I have never been to one where there has been a table turning over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know why everyone is so worked up about Jill playing the message for everyone...did Bethanny really think Jill wouldnt?!

    I have often played messages for other people to see what their take on it is - sometimes we can all read something that isn't there!

    I am torn on this situation - on one hand I understand where Jill is coming from. On the other hand I have met Jill and as much as she was nice to me, she was a bit of a bitch to my friend - I think she can go either way! Bethanny has always gone for the jugular in attempts to be funny and after a while it is just annoying - like where is the real person hiding behind the jokes?

    I have to admit I sort of enjoyed watching Bethanny leaning on her limo on the side of the road crying into her Loubs lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe I just wrote a disseration on RHNYC lol!

    ReplyDelete