Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Snack and a Wax


They were having a sale on candy today at Target (which didn't make me feel any better about the fact that the Liberty of London coffee mugs I wanted were gone).

My vegan stepdaughter likes the Swedish Fish so I picked up a bag to have waiting for her in her room. Except 3:00 came along and we all know what happens at 3:00. Nothing edible within walking distance of my cube is safe. And the Swedish Fish just happened to be in my cube because I worried that they would melt in my car and become gefilte swedish fish.

I took a look at the ingredients because sometimes candy will surprise you. Did you know that the second ingredient in Twizzlers is wheat? Anyway, the ingredients for Swedish Fish are: Sugar, Invert Sugar, Corn Syrup, Modified Corn Starch, Citric Acid, White Mineral Oil, Artificial Flavors, Red 40, and CARNUBA WAX.

Carnuba Wax? So, you would think I would be scared. But no. Those were some fine fishy. And had there been any left, I could have melted them down and used them for a bikini wax.

3 comments:

  1. I try not to read the ingredient list of things like that. Not knowing is close it it not happening :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gummies are among my biggest weaknesses. Have you had chocolate covered gummy bears? Soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate covered gummies - its really the best of both worlds. My favorite is gummy smurfs, but they have to be ordered from germandeli.com

    ReplyDelete