Thursday, April 1, 2010

Real Housewives Recap Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly

Does anybody remember Cheers and the song that Woody made up for his girlfriend Kelly, and it went something like this: "Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly." I have never been able to think of a Kelly without singing that song in my head. Anyway -


Kelly asks LuAnn whether she should still introduce LuAnn as the Countess (you know, because she is now Countless). Kelly reasons that because LuAnn is so gracious and warm and wonderful that she is still a Countess (LuAnn is one of the least warm and fuzzy housewives ever), so the two agree that LuAnn shall still be called Countess. Apparently, all it takes to be a Countess is to declare it to be so. I would suggest that all my friends start calling me Countess except that they would beat me over the head for being such an ass, even if I was really married to, or had been married to, a Count.

Kelly decides that she is going to be nice to Bethenny because, and this is a quote, "because I have no reason not to." Don't think on that too long.

Bethenny remarks that she doesn't think Kelly is that smart. Kelly posed for Playboy at age 41. Bethenny needn't worry.

But what I do love about Kelly is that she really doesn't care about what other people think about her. She asks Ramona why she wasn't invited to her Labor Day party. Ramona goes on and on and on and on with excuses and Kelly tunes her out and remarks to the camera that she could have just said she didn't want her there. Well played, Kelly. Its so obvious that Kelly doesn't care, and not even in a mean way, just in a realistic way, which makes it all the more sad how deeply Ramona does care that everyone thinks she is important.

Ramona talks about her hair again. This is more than anybody ever talked about the Jennifer Aniston shag.

Jill hosts a dinner/fashion show and Ramona truly flips out. Her issues and mental state seem so disturbing that I, in fact, wonder if Bravo's showing the footage is some sort of mental health privacy law violation.
Picture of Kelly: tvgasm.com. Picture of Ramona: bravotv.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the excellent recap. Do you think I could ask people to call me The Countess because I am warm and full of grace (ha). Maybe? Get back to me on this, will ya?

    ReplyDelete