Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Other Baby

Last year we were knee deep in midcentury modern renovations. I lusted after everything in Atomic Ranch with a vim that can only mean I was reincarnated after an untimely death in the 1950's (apparently from chain smoking if Mad Men is any sort of true depiction.) I love the lines of the houses and all those clothes with three-quarter sleeves and the idea of decanters of liquor on my desk at work.

The houses tend to be on the smaller size, and because we need three bedrooms and an office for my husband when he is not working in Thailand, buying one for us to live in just wasn't practical. So my husband got me this to satisfy my ranch lust and to renovate.



And thank God because if I hadn't had something to paint after I got laid off I really do think I might have gone crazy. Oh, yes, it was ugly. Purple? Seriously? Purple is like orange - as lovely as it is for a color, it should not be used for house trim. But I had a vision . . .

Is that not the finest door you have ever seen? (I mean, if it was large enough that you could see it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment